Thursday, January 22, 2015

Completely Synchronized




Well....I can proudly say that Hermana Stevens and I have perfect comp unity. We are completely synchronized. In lessons we know exactly when to trade off teaching. In fact, we have gotten so good at it that it is affecting who gets sick next.

From the end of last transfer into this transfer it has been a volley of sickness. Hermana Stevens will be ill one day, and then the next it's my turn, the following day it's back to Hermana Stevens. We are so perfectly synched it's kind of comical :)

I'm actually not feeling too good right now, so I'm going to try to keep it brief.

This last week has not only been one to learn how to be synched with my companion, but also the Savior. I feel, as a Sister Training Leader, that I need to use the Atonement more and more in my life. I use it to give me energy to wake up, to help me study, to recognize the spirit's promptings during lessons, to invest my whole heart into the work, to love, to forgive, and to keep me going throughout the day...all the way up the stairs to our apartment until my head hits the pillow. As I have learned to do so, my desire to repent and "be one" with my Savior has naturally followed.

The word "Atonement" defines itself in the spelling. It's a process of "at-one-ment". At-one-ment with yourself and also an "at-one-ment" with God. As we repent, we begin the process of "at-one-ment".

That has been one of my favorite parts about my mission is learning about repentance. Understanding that it doesn't just apply to the people that I teach. It applies to me too. I love the feeling of repenting and feeling clean. I know that a result of doing so, is becoming completely synchronized with our Savior.  

I am, and forever will be, grateful for that. For the understanding of the Atonement, the opportunity to use it, and pleasure to testify of it.

We had a bit of a crazy week. The weather here in New Jersey has been nothing like I have ever seen before. We have had freezing rain so bad that we couldn't drive and that they cancelled church.

Sunday morning we got a text from the zone leaders saying that we could only drive to our church services, but the after that we weren't allowed to drive. Not too long after receiving that text, another text was sent saying that church was cancelled for all missionaries. It was just too dangerous to drive. Well, Hermana Stevens and I were already on our way to the church building, so we kept driving until we got there. Sacrament was still held for our ward, but just after sacrament meeting had ended, the rest of our services were cancelled. The missionaries, however, were still not allowed to use their cars. We were stuck. At least until the president said otherwise. We waited at the church for 5 hours after sacrament meeting had ended. The roads were too dangerous that we couldn't even walk home. I had never experienced weather like that before, but the time after church was well spent, we got to talk with our investigators a little bit more, get to know the members, and then talk about spiritual experiences with the missionaries when all of the members had left. It was great.

Our District
 This week we ended a transfer. Many of the missionaries I look up to were transferred from our zone and many changes were made in the mission. Due to the decrease in number of missionaries coming in, we are having to shrink our zone sizes and expand others. It makes me sad to know that less missionaries are coming out to the mission. I have seen the change in myself, and I desire it for others. I would encourage any and all to go on a mission. You won't regret it.

We will be having a baptism this Sunday! Danny and his son, Isaac are getting baptized! I'm so excited! I'll tell you more about it next week when I feel better ;)

Sorry this email has been kind of all over the place, but I sure love being a missionary. I love being a Sister Training Leader because it allows me to learn and reminds me to be humble. I love my companion. She helps me grow every day. I love my Savior. I love that I can repent. I love that Heavenly Father has a plan for us.

AND I sure love you all!

Love, Hermana Childs




No comments:

Post a Comment