Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I´m Not Learning Spanish

Another great week in the CCM has come and gone. I love this place. With my whole heart. I love the spirit that is felt, the relationships that are strengthened (mainly the relationship with the Lord), and I grow to love this gospel more and more every day.

This week has been especially busy because I have been selected to sing in the dedication choir for the CCM. What an amazing experience! I spend a lot of my lunch time practicing and making sure to perfect the pronunciation of the songs in Spanish. I love it. 

I have also been practicing my pronunciation in the classroom. Our teacher gave us a tip on how to sound more.....¨latina¨.

We were told that if we practice reading with a pen in our mouth, that the vowels and consonants would sound more clear. So, Hermana Warren and I have been doing just that. It´s hilarious. I hope our teacher wasn´t just telling us that so that he could get a good laugh ;) 
 
This week, our district leader decided that our district was going to play a game. It is called the ¨Latino¨ game. Every night, during study time, two of the members of our district are selected to be ¨latinos¨ for the following day. This means that from the instant you wake up at 6:30 you can only speak Spanish until you go to sleep that night. Also, everyone who talks to you has to speak in Spanish. Elder Plummer and I were chosen to be the first ¨latinos¨. It was so hard, but SO fun. At the end of that day, I couldn´t help but think how lucky I am to be learning a language that I love. I LOVE speaking Spanish. Hermana Warren and I set a goal that we are going to speak only in Spanish for the rest of the time that we are here in the CCM. I think it will help a lot....and it´s always a bonus that I enjoy it. 
 
My CCM District
It sounds like I´ve been learning a lot of Spanish, right? Yes and no. Yes, I have learned a TON of Spanish, BUT I would say that the language that I am learning the most right now is the language of the Spirit. I´m not learning Spanish, I´m learning the language of the Spirit. It´s wonderful! I read a wonderful scripture this week: I Nephi 17: 50-51

¨And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
¨And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?¨

In my scriptures, I crossed out the words ¨build a ship¨ and replaced them with ¨speak Spanish¨. There is such power in that! We can do anything if the Lord instructs us to! ¨How is it that he cannot instruct [you], that [you] should...(insert your struggle here). I know that we can do ALL things when the Lord is on our side. The Lord has sent us here not to fail, but to succeed. 

Yo sé que la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días es verdadero. Yo SÉ que Dios nos ama. Yo sé que todas cosas son posible con Dios. 

I know this church is true. I love it with my WHOLE heart. I have exercised faith in my Heavenly Father, and He has not let me down. He will never let me down. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission. This. is. the greatest thing I have ever done. 
Thank you Mom and Dad
T
I love you all and miss you. 

Sending prayers your way!

Hermana Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment