Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Missionary in Heart and Mind

Can I just say ¨I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY¨? This is the most fantastic thing I have ever done. I love everything about it. My heart wants to explode with how much I love this work, the gospel, and dedicating EVERYTHING I have to my father in heaven. I have only been a missionary for a little less than a month, and I already never want it to end. 
This Sunday, yes, THIS sunday, the CCM is going to be dedicated. The whole CCM is being prepared for this special event. All of the buildings are being repainted, all of the trees and bushes are being trimmed, everything that needs a-fixin´is being fixed, and the whole place is being raised to a new standard of perfect....not to mention that everyone inside the walls of the CCM are anxious for this special event. The spirit is present every where you go. What an amazing place. 


This week, Hermana Warren and I had the BEST LESSON yet. I may or may not have said that before...but this time, I really mean it. haha ;) We have been teaching one of our investigators, Daniel Fernandez, and we weren´t having very much success. He was progressing, but VERY slowly. We have been praying so hard for the Spirit to guide us in knowing what will touch his heart. Well, ask and ye shall receive! During the lesson we felt prompted to ask, ¨cree que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero?¨ His response was, ¨...tal vez¨ (...maybe).  ¨Quiere saber?¨(Do you want to know?). His answer was yes. We then took a leap of faith and asked, ¨ahora?¨ (right now?). He looked surprised and happy all at the same time. ¨Sí¨ was his response. We then said that prophets have promised us that if we ask with real intent, we can know for sure if the Book of Mormon is true. We then asked if we could say another prayer in the lesson. We asked Daniel to pray, and pray specifically that the Book of Mormon was true. We promised him that he would receive an answer. *Pause* What? We just PROMISED him that he would receive an answer. That is HUGE! But, I knew Heavenly Father would testify. *Resume* So he prayed. His prayer was tender and heart felt, and after the prayer was over, we sat in silence for a bit...his head still bowed. After a while, he turned his head upward and looked at us with tears building in his eyes. We asked him how he felt. He said ¨bien¨. We prodded a little more asking him to explain his feelings. He had felt the spirit, and he knew that the Book of Mormon was true. Since then, our lessons have been going great! We are now teaching him and his two brothers, Alejandro and Eduardo. 

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Today my district had the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple. Wow. I LOVE the temple. There is no place on earth that I would rather be.  Though the Mexico City temple is closed for a while, we were able to feel the wonderful spirit just by being on the temple grounds and being inside the visitor´s center. What a huge blessing it is to make covenants in and know of the blessings that come from the temple. 

Mexico City Temple



This blog doesn´t have enough space for everything I want to share, nor do I have enough time, but  I do want to share one more thing with you. YO SÉ que la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días es verdadero. Yo sé que Jesucristo y Dios viven. Yo sé que si tenemos fe en Jesucristo, estmaos bendicir con milagros. 

I have my testimony written on my heart, and I´m ready to share it with everyone. 

I love you all. 

Hermana Childs
Hermana Warren y yo
 
At the Mexico City Temple Visitor Center                   







No comments:

Post a Comment