Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Adios from the CCM

My time here in the CCM has been one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. I have been blessed with the most wonderful companion, the privilege of attending and singing in the dedication of the CCM, a stronger testimony, and continuous witnesses of the Lord´s hand in our lives. This will be my last email from the CCM because... I LEAVE FOR NEW JERSEY ON MONDAY!!!! I am SO excited. I feel like I could cry with excitement because the time is finally here! I am going to be utilizing all of the knowledge that I have and bearing my testimony to those who´s hearts have been prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel. I AM SO HAPPY! 

Several amazing things have happened this week! First, the dedication of the CCM. This Sunday, we had the amazing opportunity to have Elder Dallin H. Oaks come to dedicate this wonderful place. The whole day buzzed with excitement as each missionary prepared for the dedication. Hermana Warren and I got to sit in the front row! Because we were in the choir, special seats were reserved for us! What a cool experience! Then, we were able to share our testimonies through song as we sang. It was amazing. Elder Oaks gave a wonderful talk on using Preach My Gospel and making extra efforts to find more people to contact. Preach My Gospel has become one of my favorite books. I love to study it and read it. During his talk, Elder Oaks said something that I loved. He said, ¨You missionaries are younger and much more is required of you. You are equal to that task.¨ Ah! Such power! Also during the dedication, they showed a film of some missionaries doing...well...missionary work. It will be broadcast all throughout Mexico. I´m not sure if it will be online, but if it is, watch it. Hermana Warren and I got to be in it! 

Another cool experience. I got my hair cut in Mexico. So sweet. Yes, I know. I just cut my hair before the mission, but hey, how many times can you say that you got a hair cut in Mexico? haha I just got a trim, but I´m pretty excited about it....AND I got to practice my Spanish with the beauticians who work here in the CCM! I think it´s a win win ;) 
 
 

Miracles have happened in our branch this week. We got a new district with 6 hermanas and 4 elders. I LOVE them. I have spent most of my free time helping them adjust to the CCM. By the third day, many of the sisters, and one of the elders had talked with the CCM presidency about going home. Hermana Warren and I thought it might be a good idea to talk to each of the sisters and see what their needs were. Even though it´s part of my calling to take care of the hermanas, I only feel like I´m paying it forward. The previous sister training leaders were always so welcoming and set an amazing example of what powerful missionaries look like. Hermana Warren and I have prayed and fasted this week for these missionaries, and after much prayer of their own, these missionaries have all decided to stay. Only more evidence of the Lord´s hand in our lives. 

Today´s P-day was really fun. As a branch, we got together and played kickball for an hour or so, and then Hermana Warren and I invited all of the Hermanas over to make Valentines cards for each other. I love spending time with each of these sisters. I have been so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful missionaries who support each other here.

¨A marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men¨ (DyC 4:1). I can feel it. I am so happy to be a part of it.

I am so thrilled and so grateful to be one of the Lord´s servants. My heart is His. I am committed to this wonderful work. I have my testimony written on my heart and my sleeve for everyone to see. 

I can´t wait for the new challenges and experiences that await in New Jersey. I already love the people and love the language. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! 

See you back in the States, 

Hermana Childs 
 
SO EXCITED TO TEACH!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment