Monday, July 14, 2014

Where my heart is...

I have been loving the work, living the life, and burning out my shoes working in this area. I LOVE JERSEY CITY! 

Missionary Work is the best.

My companion and I have seen so many miracles this week. We have started sending out a daily scripture text to all of the members, investigators and potentials, and already the blessings are being made manifest. A potential investigator named Alfredo, responded to our texts one day and told us that he couldn't read Spanish. He could speak it, but just couldn't read it, so we began to send him the same scripture text, but in English. His response was, "Every day for the past 2 weeks you have been sending me scriptures that I have needed. I need to meet with you. I need this in my life. When can you come over?" Sadly, he isn't in our area, but he is in the area of the Sister Training Leaders (my last two companions). I know he is in good hands with them. Although I won't personally see him grow in the gospel and experience the  joy that it brings, I know Heavenly Father was preparing him for this message. He just needed a tool to contact him. He is prepared. I know it.

Also, we've been able to contact and teach many of the previous investigators from the sisters before us. We had been trying to contact each one of them for 2 weeks, but hadn't seen any sign of interest from them. They never responded or answered the phone, and with 'tristeza' (sadness) we dropped them. Heavenly Father still had a plan for them and with almost every case, the investigator that we had dropped would call us back within a day or two and set an appointment. One of  those, was Jesus. He is a 33 year old man from Mexico, who has a strong desire to follow God. In our lesson, although my Spanish wasn't very good, he felt the Spirit. He is ready to be baptized.

Jorge and Lorenzo are still progressing towards baptism. They continue to come to church and meet with us. They are amazing!!

This last week, we had "Meet the Taggarts" to meet our new mission president and his family. President Taggart is as loving and powerful as President Jeppson. President Jeppson changed my mission. He helped show me how to be more like Christ. I will always remember him. Meeting the Taggart family was so special. I'm so glad we had the opportunity. They are still a relatively young family, with the youngest child who is 10 years old, but bring....spunk...into the mission. I know he has been called of God to lead this mission. Already I have learned so much from him.

I love my mission. I love being a missionary. I love this gospel. I love my Father in Heaven who sent His Son to die for me. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know He loves me.

This is where my heart is; in this gospel.

Hermana Childs

 Hermana Jane let me cut her hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment