Monday, August 4, 2014

A Call From President Taggart

My companion is going home this week. Tomorrow in fact. She has become one of my dearest friends over the past 6 weeks. It was a short companionship that will result in a lasting friendship. From Hermana Jane I have learned how to be bold in my teaching and loving in my companionship. It's through small experiences of fervent prayer for investigators and hot sauce covered popcorn on planning days that we have become true friends.
She has brought out the very best in me. I couldn't have asked for a better companion. 

Since the beginning of the transfer we have known that she would be leaving after it was over. So we made the decision to give these 6 weeks our everything. We did. We gave it so much that we both have been slightly sick for the past 2 days. Transfer planning came and went with only thoughts on how much more we could give to the area. 

On Friday, just after exercising in the morning we received a call from President. Everyone's heart stops when they see President's name on the caller ID. Hermana Jane answered the phone, but it was for me. 

"Hello, this is Sister Childs."
"Good Morning, Sister Childs. This is President Taggart." 

My heart rate inclined just slightly. 

"I am calling" he said, "to extend a calling to you to be a trainer for a new missionary that will be coming in on Monday. The Lord has called you and knows that you will help this young new sister. Will you accept this calling?" 

Of course! I would love to help another Sister Missionary! I still feel new in the mission and in the language, but I know Heavenly Father will help me to know what to do and say to help her. 
After we hung up, I knew I wasn't perfect at the language, I knew that I didn't know the area perfectly, and I hadn't met all of the members yet, but it didn't matter. One thing I did know was that this calling was from Heavenly Father, and my Father in Heaven has never let me down, despite my faults. 

Since Friday morning, I have prayed to know how to teach this sister; I have woken up during the night, just to have some piece of advice from Heavenly Father be given to me; and I have began to love someone that I haven't even met yet. 

I am so excited to train! 

I can't wait to meet my new companion tomorrow and to help her love missionary work as much as I do! 

Hermana Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment