Tuesday, June 24, 2014

One Year Older

Thank you everyone for all of the birthday wishes. My inbox was FULL of birthday wishes today! I am so grateful for all of you! Believe it or not, I pray for each of you and thank Heavenly Father that I know you.
This week. Wow. Where to begin. 
 We'll start on Thursday. Thursday is our usual weekly planning day. This means that we make a plan of action for every investigator, less active, and other lesson that we might teach for the next week. Usually this takes about 2-3 hours to plan, but since we have so many investigators it usually takes us about 4 or 5 hours. As you can imagine, about 3 1/2 hours into it, we needed a break. My birthday gifts had been sitting on the couch and I decided to do a "Mexican Christmas" for my birthday (Hispanics usually open all of their gifts the day before Christmas) with one of my packages. We began opening the box, when all of a sudden our phone rang. We ran over to answer it and saw on the caller ID that it was the Assistants to the President. Hermana Weinstock and I both looked at each other completely shocked. She knew what this meant, but I didn't. The Assistants only call for one reason: doubling out (which means that both of the companions will be transferred from the area). As they broke the news to us I just cried. Hermana Weinstock, who is much more graceful than I am, finished the phone call with a "thank you". My heart was broken. More than ever before. It was hard to get motivated again to finish planning for the investigators that we wouldn't see again. I love this area more than anything. 

The following day, my birthday, began with exercise and gifts. The day then proceeded into a day of extensive planning (when doubled out, you need to write EVERY little detail about every person you teach in your Area Book so that the new missionaries will know exactly how to begin). We spent ALL day in the house. At about 7 in the evening a member called. Hermana Acevedo. She was just leaving work and had remembered that it was my birthday. She wanted to see if we were busy, or if she could treat us to Frozen Yogurt to celebrate. 

Hermana Acevedo
It was fun to get out of the house and actually spend some time with members. Hermana Acevedo has been the biggest blessing to me as a missionary. She treats me like her daughter. She has helped me grow and has been exactly what I needed. I'm going to miss her very much. 

I love all of the members and investigators in this area more than I thought was humanly possible. Hermana Weinstock and I have made an effort to visit every single one of them before we leave. 
-One benefit to getting doubled out is that you know that you are getting transferred 4 days early. This leaves time to let everyone know that you will be leaving and to make appointments to meet with them one last time.....you cannot imagine how many dinner appointments we've had ;) -

La Familia Arriola

Abraham and Enemias Alejandro

Yanira and her son, Christopher

Edgar Ramirez
 
Concepcion Conde and her niece Abbi

Hermana Cajas and her son, Ricardo

Hermano Pinto, the branch Mission Leader

Madlyn Martinez.

Hermana Rivas

Rigoberto
It's a good thing we know about The Plan of Salvation, and that we'll meet again. As hard as these goodbyes are, I know I'll see them again. I know I was sent here for every single one of these people. I have seen such a change in them while I've been here. I will miss them dearly. 

Hermana Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment