Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sister Training Leader- "Hermana Barbie"




12/15/2014
Sister Training Leader- “Hermana Barbie”

Just like the seasons, transfers come and go.

This last transfer conference was incredible. First, it was a miracle that we got all of my stuff packed into the elder's car. (I might have to start sending some things home) ;) Then, when I finally found out who my new companion was and which area I was going to I felt so blessed. I have been called to serve in Elizabeth, NJ. This is an area that I have wanted to serve in my whole mission. I have heard nothing but good things about this area...and besides that, there's a lot of Dominicans and Mexicans. I'm in heaven!

I don't have very much time again, the computers here are pretty slow (I hope the flood of pictures makes up for it), but here are a few updates:

1. My new companion's name is Hermana Stevens. She is originally from Oregon. She's 22 years old, loves to do crafts, and has the cutest sense of fashion. We love to laugh together and sometimes pillow talk later than we should.
Hermana Stevens, my new companion from Oregon

2. I am serving in Elizabeth, New Jersey. My current address is:
    167 Elm Street #2
    Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208
I'm convinced that I have served in all of the best areas in the mission.
Yes, I miss my last area and all of the members and investigators that I love, but I know this is where God needs me to be; to use my talents and strengths to help build His kingdom.  

3. We will be having one of our investigators, Miguel, get married on the 19th of December and then baptized on the 21st.

4. I love my calling as a Sister Training Leader. I now have an opportunity to serve more people. As a Sister Training Leader, we go on exchanges twice a week during the transfer with each companionship of sister missionaries that are in our designated area. During these exchanges, we will swap companions for 24 hours and watch and learn how each sister teaches, help them improve their skills, listen to and resolve other issues, help them enjoy the work, and be a source of encouragement and love for them. I love the sisters that I am over right now. This calling will be super easy ;) haha

5. The apartment I live in right now houses 4 sister missionaries. It is the only 4-man apartment for sisters left in the mission. It makes things very exciting ;)

6. Hermana Jordan, my first trainer, went home this last week.

7. My new ward has given me a new nickname. I am affectionately known as "Hermana Barbie".

8. As I have studied the life of Christ this past week, I have felt spiritually filled...to a level I have never felt before. I have loved FEASTING on the words of Christ. I literally can't get enough of them. They're as addicting as Roxberry ;) I love my Savior. That is something I cherish, my relationship that I have developed with him. It is something personal, something wonderful, and I can physically feel him with me every day. As I have studied him I have felt something different....I can't really describe it. It's as if angels are walking with us to every appointment and every word I say is guided by Heavenly Father. My ability to love has increased 10 fold.

9. I love being a missionary. More than I love running or anything else.

I love you all.

Hermana Childs 


AF 10th Ward Primary Package I received for CHRISTmas!

Veronica & Paco Mendoza

Hermana Acevedo, I love her

Hermana Jordan & Cesar Solares

Sister Bascom

Hermono y Hermana Maquilon

Janny Javier y Hermana Adelida Padula
Hermana Juarez, (RS Pres), we worked closely with her, cooks the best food
Morisonado, Dominican drink that I love!

Luis Espinosa

No comments:

Post a Comment